Your Carpathian Mountains, Romania tour starts and finishes in Bucharest, home of the massive, communist-era Palatul Parlamentului government building, which has 1,100 rooms. We will arrange transfers from the airport to our Hotel in the heart of this dynamic city for our welcome dinner. The next morning we are off to collect the bikes and ride!
CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS: ROMANIA
The wide open spaces of the Romanian countryside beckon as we leave the city and climb the Carpathian Mountains for the first time for spectacular views over the Carpathian Gateway. In the shadow of the Parc Natural Bucegi, we’ll eat a traditional lunch and visit the largest salt mine in Europe, before taking the Cheia Pass to our hotel. Tonight you can walk the narrowest street in Europe; if you can find it?
The next day our First stop is the fangtastic Bran Castle. Experience the history, the myth, the intrigue and the magic of Dracula’s Transylvanian Castle. Haven’t got your teeth into that, it’s time to ride the spectacular Rucar- Bran pass and the Dâmbovicioara gorges as we head west to the famous Transfagarasan Pass. We’ll stay deep in the mountains, next to Lake Vidraru before leaving early morning to catch the stunningly beautiful Balea glacier lake.
We’ll continue to snake across the iconic and demanding Transfagarasan Pass. Some say it’s the best road in the world? Find out for yourself as we climb and fall along the serpentine curves of this famous route on our way to two UNESCO World Heritage sites. A historical fortress and a medieval village are ahead as we make our way north to our hotel in the medieval walled city of Sighisoara.
Another great riding day as we leave behind beautiful Sighisoara, twisting our way towards one of the most important cultural cities of Romania. Designated a European Capital of Culture, the old city of Sibiu was ranked as “Europe’s 8th-most idyllic place to live”. Sibiu was the largest and wealthiest of the seven walled citadels built in the 12th century by German settlers known as Transylvanian Saxons. We have two nights in Sibiu, and the day off the bike will allow you to lose yourself, wandering this beautiful city. Walk to the Grand Square, the largest square in the city or visit the Brukenthal Palace, one of the most important Baroque monuments in Romania which lies on the north-western corner of the square.
Fully rested, it’s time to head to the spectacular Transalpina Pass, the highest road in Romania. At over 2000 metres above sea level, you can literally ride above the clouds. Tonight we are wine tasting and dining at a luxury vineyard deep in the heart of Romanian wine country. Enjoy the ambience, tomorrow, we ride to where it all began.
Bucharest calling! Time to leave the Carpathian Mountains and head for the hustle and bustle of the city and our farewell dinner. Tonight we celebrate all that is Romanian with our new riding companions before leaving for the airport in the morning and our final leg home with some great memories, new friendships and great stories.
Motorrad Tours welcome all makes and models of bike on tour. We also have a range of BMW bikes that you can hire. All our hire bikes for Classic and European Explorer Tours are current model BMW’s complete with ABS, Heated Grips, Panniers, Top Box, Tank Bag, Inner bags for all boxes and a pre programmed BMW Navigator GPS included.
|Price option||Solo Shared Single Room||Solo Single Room||*Rider and passenger|
|Including an F700/750GS Hire Bike||3595||4095||4695|
|Including an F800/850GS Hire Bike||3595||4095||4695|
|Including an R1200/1250GS Hire Bike||3895||4395||4995|
HIRE BIKES: If you are booking with a hire bike we will hand your bike over on the afternoon prior to the first tour day. This will give you a chance to get familiar with the bike, make any adjustments, arrange your packing and not waste any time on the first day riding.
Day 1 Arrive and transfer to our hotel in the heart of Romania’s dynamic capital. Walking distance from the Palace of Parliament, museums, parks and trendy cafes
Day 2 The wide open spaces of the Romanian countryside beckon as we leave the city and climb the Carpathian Mountains for the first time
Day 3 First stop today is the fangtastic Bran Castle before the Transfagarasan Pass. Tonight we stay deep in the mountains, next to Lake Vidraru
Day 4 Today we continue to snake across the iconic and demanding Transfagarasan Pass, this has been called the best road in the world? Our hotel is in the medieval walled city of Sighișoarae, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Day 5 Another great riding day, twisting our way towards one of the most important cultural cities of Romania. The old city of Sibiu was ranked as "Europe's 8th-most idyllic place to live"
Day 6 Relax in the hotel or spend the day wandering one of the most beautiful cities in Romania. Theres also the option to ride out today
Day 7 Ride the spectacular Transalpina Pass, the highest road in Romania. Relax, wine tasting and dining at a luxury vineyard deep in the heart of Romanian wine country
- Palace of the Parliament. The second largest building in the world after the Pentagon
- Cheia Pass and its amazing road through the mountains
- The largest salt mine in Europe, Slanic Prahova Salt Mine
- Rasnov Citadel, one of the many fortified Castles build in 1211 by the by Teutonic Knights
- The spectacular views of the Rucar – Bran pass
- Fagaras Citadel
- Bran Castle – The, most famous Castle in Romania due to “Count Dracula’ Legend of Vampires”
- Viscri Village – one of the most beautiful Saxon villages in Transylvania, designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO
- The Iconic Transfagarasan Pass, some call it the best road in the world?
- Balea Glacier Lake
- Old City of Sibiu
- The Transalpina Pass. The highest and longest Pass in Romania perfect for motorcycle riding!
- Ranca resort located in the middle of the mountains
- Wine Tasting, dinner and sleep at one of the most beautiful vineyards in Romania
- The warmth and welcome of the genuinely friendly people of Romania
- Pre tour pack including tour information, Michelin maps and route notes
- Electronic copy of the World of BMW Touring Essentials Book
- BMW GS Motorcycle equipped with panniers and /or top box and Garmin GPS with routes pre programmed for the tour
- All accommodation as listed in the itinerary in 3*4* and 5* hotels
- All breakfasts
- Welcome and farewell dinners (excludes beverages)
- Dinner on the second night in Sibiu
- Motorrad Tours Tour Leader throughout the Tour
- Commemorative Polo Shirt for all riders and passengers
- Entry to Bran Castle, experience the history, the myth, the intrigue and the magic of Dracula’s Transylvanian Castle
- Dinner and wine tasting at a stunning vineyard
- Expert advice and support throughout
- Airport Transfers
- The protection of booking with a fully bonded tour operator
- Dinners (other than those listed)
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not listed as included
We haven't added any images from this tour yet, but we will add soon!