Your Morocco tour starts and finishes in Marrakech, known as the ‘Red City’. This ancient city is the beating heart of Morocco and its marketplace never sleeps. We will arrange transfers from the airport to our Riad in the heart of the Medina for our welcome dinner. The next morning we are off to collect the bikes and ride!
Your route from Marrakech is an easy day to the Atlantic coast and Essaouira with its bluer than blue fishing fleet and walled sea defences lined with cannon. Once again we are staying within the walled Medina in another authentic Riad. It is a short day to Essaouira and so there is time to explore the medina, the ramparts with their cannon and watch the all blue fishing boats returning to port.
From the coast we are heading south into the countryside and a night in a remote Riad in the The Atlas Mountains. This will be our playground for the next few days we ride both of the awe inspiring Tiz n’Test and Tiz n’Ticha Passes, snaking their way over 2,000 metres skywards. We will visit the ancient Tin Mal Mosque, staying in more fantastic authentic Riads and soak up all that Morocco has to offer. Another stunning remote location follows as you visit UNESCO listed Ait Ben Haddou, an ancient Ksar or citadal. If it looks familiar then it may be because it has featured in many films like The Living Daylights, The Mummy, Gladiator and Jesus of Nazareth. Our Riad overlooks the Ksar, so you can check in and change before wandering its ancient streets and alleys.
From Ait ben Haddou we are riding the stunning roads of the Telouet Gorge with its oasis valleys below the red rock cliffs as we head back to Marrakech. We have two nights in Marrakech and the day off the bike will allow you to lose yourself in the bustling Medina, bartering in the Souks and visiting the Berber Museum or relaxing with some Moroccan Whisky – Mint Tea!
Motorrad Tours welcome all makes and models of bike on tour. We also have a range of BMW bikes that you can hire. All our hire bikes for Classic and European Explorer Tours are current model BMW’s complete with ABS, Heated Grips, Panniers, Top Box, Tank Bag, Inner bags for all boxes and a pre programmed BMW Navigator GPS included.
|Price option||Solo Shared Single Room||Solo Single Room||*Rider and passenger|
|Including an F700GS Hire Bike||2195||2495||2895|
|Including an F800GS Hire Bike||2295||2595||2995|
|Including an R1200GS Hire Bike||2395||2695||3095|
PLEASE NOTE: Morocco is a very friendly and safe country with a well established tourist industry. Do not be put off - Our Tour Director has travelled through Morocco on many occasions without incident and it is a personal favourite of his, but you need to remember this is Africa, not Europe.
HIRE BIKES: If you are booking with a hire bike we will hand your bike over on the afternoon prior to the first tour day. This will give you a chance to get familiar with the bike, make any adjustments, arrange your packing and not waste any time on the first day riding.
Day 1 Arrive and transfer to our Riad in the heart of the Medina for our welcome Dinner
Day 2 An easy ride to the coast to leave time to wander the walled sea defences or meander through the Medina
Day 3 Ride through the Berber heartland and over the Anti Atlas to our remote Riad for the evening
Day 4 Snake across the Atlas Mountains and the ride the iconic and demanding Tiz n'Test pass as you head north east
Day 5 Another great riding day twisting over the Tiz n'Ticha. The UNESCO listed Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou awaits at the end of the day
Day 6 Your final days ride through the stunning Telouet Gorge and the Atlas as we head back for Marrakech
Day 7 You have a day off the bike to explore Jemaa el-Fnaa and the many side streets and alleys of the medina
- The bustling UNESCO listed Medina of Marrakech
- The Atlas Mountains
- The stunning Tiz n’Test Pass
- The twists and turns of the Tiz n’Ticha Pass
- Authentic Riads in Morocco
- The UNESCO Listed ancient Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou
- The ancient Tin Mal Mosque
- Ride through the Anti Atlas in the Berber heartland
- The spice market in Marrakech
- The warmth and welcome of the genuinely friendly people of Morocco
- Pre tour pack including tour information, Michelin maps and route notes and gpx files
- Electronic copy of the World of BMW Touring Essentials Book
- All accommodation as listed in the itinerary in authentic Moroccan Riads
- All breakfasts
- Dinners on all nights in Morocco except Essaouira and rest days (excludes beverages)
- Motorrad Tours Tour Leader throughout the Tour
- BMW GS Motorcycle equipped with panniers or top box and Garmin GPS mount
- Third Party Insurance with a £1,000 – £1,500 deposit depending on model
- Airport / Hotel Transfers
- Commemorative Polo Shirt for all riders and passengers
- Entry to Tin Mal Mosque
- Expert advice and support throughout
- The protection of booking with a fully bonded tour operator
- Dinners (other than those listed)
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not listed as included