If you don’t have time for a full tour of Morocco or just fancy a taster of this exciting and charming country then our short break is for you.
MOROCCO SHORT BREAK
Fly in to Marrakech and you will be met at the airport and transferred to our Riad in the bustling Medina then relax and enjoy a welcome briefing and dinner. The following morning you will set off early to collect your bike for the start of three days great riding in the Atlas Mountains, where we will experience this diverse and captivating country.
This all tarmac tour heads out from Marrakech to Taroudant and Ait Ben Haddou. You get to ride two of the best roads in Morocco the Tiz n’Test and Tiz n’Ticha Passes. The narrow Tiz n’Test twists its way over the Atlas on what is sometimes a single carriageway. The bends and views are both stunning. Take the chance to stop at the summit for mint tea and to gaze across the Atlas before we head for the small town of Taroudant. Our Riad, with its individual chalets, is located on the outskirts of town and set in delightful gardens. The following morning more great riding awaits. Lunch from a street cafe, then onwards through valleys and over mountains. On the other side you will be staying at the UNESCO listed ancient Ksar of Ait Ben Haddou, it may look familiar as it has featured in many films and TV series. Our Riad overlooks the Ksar so you can park, change and then wander this amazing lost city.
Then you are heading for Marrakech, but en route the the Tiz n’Ticha awaits. This is a swooping ‘A’ road ride, that climbs higher than the Tiz n’Test. Reminiscent of Alpine roads, the hairpins come thick and fast as you approach the summit. As we cross back over the Atlas, Marrakech is on the horizon.
Your final evening on tour you are free to wander the medina and souks of Marrakech, experience the warm welcome of its people and try the incredible street food of the Jemma el Fna. Or as a contrast we can hop a taxi to Winston Churchill’s favourite spot in town and sip cocktails in the piano bar?
One thing is for certain – Morocco is a captivating and intriguing country and once will not be enough, but you can always come back for the two week tour later?
Please check each tour itinerary for details of bikes already sold out for that date
Motorrad Tours welcome all makes and models of bike on tour. We also have a range of BMW bikes that you can hire. All our hire bikes for Classic and European Explorer Tours are current model BMW’s complete with ABS, Heated Grips, Panniers, Top Box, Tank Bag, Inner bags for all boxes and a pre programmed BMW Navigator GPS included.
|Price option||Solo Shared Single Room||Solo Single Room||*Rider and passenger|
|Including an F700GS Hire Bike||1495||1695||1795|
|Including an F800GS Hire Bike||1595||1795||1895|
|Including an R1200GS Hire Bike||1695||1895||1995|
PLEASE NOTE: Morocco is a very friendly and safe country with a well established tourist industry. Do not be put off - Our Tour Director has travelled through Morocco on many occasions without incident and it is a personal favourite of his, but you need to remember this is Africa, not Europe.
HIRE BIKES: If you are booking with a hire bike we will hand your bike over on the afternoon prior to the first tour day. This will give you a chance to get familiar with the bike, make any adjustments, arrange your packing and not waste any time on the first day riding.
Day 1 Fly into Marrakech to be met and transfer to your starting hotel
Day 2 Ride the iconic and demanding Tiz n'Test Pass and the twist and turns of the High Atlas to your Riad for the evening
Day 3 Snake across the Atlas Mountains en route to Ait Ben Haddou
Day 4 Another great riding day twisting over the Tiz n'Tichka Pass en route back to Marrakech and an evening wandering the Medina
Day 5 Airport transfers and time to head home with some great memories and the undoubted desire to return to Morocco
- The bustling UNESCO listed Medina of Marrakech
- The Atlas Mountains
- The stunning Tiz n’Test Pass
- The twists and turns of the Tiz n’Ticha Pass
- The UNESCO Listed Ait Ben Haddou
- Accommodation in authentic local Riads
- The warmth and welcome of the genuinely friendly people of Morocco
- Pre tour pack including tour information, Michelin map, route notes and GPS routes and GPS Mapping in Garmin/BMW format
- Electronic copy of the World of BMW Touring Essentials Book
- Accommodation in comfortable authentic Moroccan Riads
- All breakfasts
- Welcome dinner (excludes beverages)
- Dinners in Taroudant and Ait Ben Haddou (excludes beverages)
- Motorrad Tours Tour Leader throughout the Tour
- BMW hire motorcycle for the duration of the tour
- Third Party Insurance with a £1,000 – £1,500 deposit depending on model
- Transfers from and to Marrakech Airport
- Commemorative Polo Shirt for all riders and passengers
- Expert advice and support throughout
- The protection of booking with a fully bonded tour operator
- Dinners other than those listed
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not listed as included