An initial ride through France and Switzerland is the appetiser before you reach the sunshine of the Mediterranean. But don’t dismiss these three days riding. You are staying in Troyes on your first night and in Neuvecelle a small French town on the shore of Lac Leman and the Swiss border for your second. The ride south to Italy takes you over the Grand St Bernard Pass in the Alps before descending through the vines striped Langhe Hills to Genoa and your overnight ferry to the islands – Don’t be late!
SARDINIA AND CORSICA
An overnight ferry from Genoa is our gateway to the Italian paradise of Sardinia. Our late afternoon departure means there is time to explore Alba or Genoa before boarding. Sardinia is home to sweeping roads, stunning beaches and glorious sunshine. Two nights close to the fishing port of Arbatax gives plenty of time to relax and enjoy the local seafood. You will then ride across the sparsely populated centre of the island from east to west and arrive for two nights in the fortified town of Alghero and your hotel over looking the old town . There is time to visit the Grotte di Alghero, with its subterranean salt lakes.
A short ferry hop to Corsica takes you to Bonifacio. Founded in 828AD Bonifacio’s Old Town, with a labyrinth of narrow streets and historic buildings built by the Genoese, is a fascinating place to wander around. From Bonifacio you ride through the heart of the island, round the towering 2,700m Monte Cinto and on to Calvi a small local fishing village for two nights. On the day off you can kick back and relax or head out with the tour leader for some more great riding. Then you are heading to Erbalunga, now a fishing village it was once the most important harbour on Cap Corse as is evidenced by the grand houses and Genoese tower. Take time to wander the network of squares linked by narrow streets that lead down to the harbour.
Back to mainland Italy, via an overnight ferry we are heading north to the Hautes Alpes for the night. Then it’s Route Napoleon all the way to the wine capital of Burgundy for an overnight stop prior to our final night and farewell dinner. All that is left is a last ride through the french countryside to Calais and on to home.
Motorrad Tours welcome all makes and models of bike on tour. We also have a range of BMW bikes that you can hire. All our hire bikes for Classic and European Explorer Tours are current model BMW’s complete with ABS, Heated Grips, Panniers, Top Box, Tank Bag, Inner bags for all boxes and a pre programmed BMW Navigator GPS included.
|Price option||Solo Shared Single Room||Solo Single Room||*Rider and passenger|
|Riding Your Own Motorcycle||2995||4095||4695|
|Including an F800GS, F900GS or F900XR Hire Bike||4675||5775||6375|
|Including an R1300GS, R1250RS or R1250RT Hire Bike||4995||6095||6695|
|Including an S1000XR Hire Bike||5075||6175||6755|
|Including an R1250GS Adventure Hire Bike||5235||6335||6935|
|Including a K1600 Grand America Hire Bike||5315||6415||7015|
HIRE BIKES: If you are booking with a hire bike we will hand your bike over on the afternoon prior to the first tour day. This will give you a chance to get familiar with the bike, make any adjustments, arrange your packing and not waste any time on the first day riding.
Day 1 An early morning Eurotunnel crossing from UK to Calais and some miles to do to your hotel near Troyes
Day 2 Through France you are crossing the Swiss border as you head to the edges of the Alps
Day 3 Cross the border to Italy via The Grand St Bernard Pass and head for Genoa and our overnight ferry – Don’t be late!
Day 4 Our first night on the islands in the charming small fishing port of Arbatax
Day 5 Time to explore this hamlet, relax on the beach, or enjoy the excellent local seafood
Day 6 A twsity ride east to west across the island to fortified town of Alghero
Day 7 Time to explore the town, visit Neptunes Caves or the Grotte di Alghero
- Ride the Grand St Bernard Pass
- The labyrinth of streets in ancient Bonifacio
- The historic port of Alghero
- Stunning mountain riding on Corsica
- Spectacular coastal routes and Sea View Hotels
- Awesome roads of the Hautes Alpes
- The iconic Route Napoleon
- The small fishing port of Erbalunga
- The warmth and sunshine of the Mediterranean
- Beautiful beaches to relax on
- Pre tour pack including tour information, Michelin maps, route notes and GPS routes in Garmin/BMW format
- Electronic copy of the World of BMW Touring Essentials Book
- All accommodation as listed in the itinerary in 4 star hotels except Beaune and near Gap which are 3 star
- All breakfasts
- Welcome and farewell dinners (excludes beverages)
- Dinner one night in Arbatax and one night in Calvi (excludes beverages)
- Motorrad Tours Tour Leader throughout the Tour
- Eurotunnel from the UK to Calais and back
- Overnight ferry from Genoa to Sardinia including cabin
- Ferry from Sardinia to Corsica
- Ferry from Corsica to the Mainland
- Commemorative Polo Shirt for all riders and passengers
- Expert advice and support throughout
- The protection of booking with a fully bonded tour operator
- Dinners other than those listed
- Travel Insurance
- Anything not listed as included